From the desk of children Alive
(We catch them young) – Pastor bunmi Bammodu
Children-God’s heritages are not left behind in the pursuance of our vision to build a barn for the Lord.
The need for the children’s arm of the ministry arose in obedience to the bible that teaches us to nurture them in the way of the Lord. [Deut.4:7-10.6:7. Matt 19:14].
Also children’s understanding is different from Adult, it’s obvious they have to be fed/ taught in the pattern in which they can easily absorb the scriptures.
In the children’s church, we admit babies as early as 3months and release them to the adult church as teenager.
Our mission is to train up a child in the way should go. We consciously plan programs in such a way that any child that has stayed with us for 5years would have a round knowledge of God, His purpose for man and the reward for aligning with god’s purpose.
Children are like plants, they nurturing watering and weeding. These do not come naturally but by systematic guidance from parents or / and teachers. Someone rightly said “his first tantrum is the child’s fault but the second is the parents”
We are committed to bringing children closer to Jesus as he requested in matt 9:13 to raising prayerful children with kingdom focus.
We identify with the word of God that recognizes children as God’s heritage Ps 127:3. Heritage is that which are inherits.
Concerning this group of people our Lord had these to say in matt 18:1-6
- They are the owner of the kingdom.
- They are the examples of how to get to heaven v3& Ps 131 v2.
- They are a lesson in humidity v4.
- They are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
- They represent Jesus here on earth v5.
- Their angels have front seat in heaven.
- Their angels have constant and perpetual access to God matt 18:10
- They must be caused to stumble in faith.
- It is better to have a rock tied to one’s neck and thrown into the lagoon than to cause any of the
- children alive to loose their faith.
Waoh what a privilege to be both a child and their quide (teacher).
We congratulate the General Overseer Pastor Austen Ukachi and the host of others that have lifted his hands in the ministry these past twenty years.