He’s Alive Convention 27 April 2013, Live in Lagos, Nigeria.
Bishop John Ibenu’s message continued..
3 John 2: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. God wants you to prosper.
1. Understanding: you need understanding to prosper. Do you understand your business? Going to school does not mean you understand: there is a difference between reading and understanding. There is a way things are done. Understanding makes a man’s ways to shine. Even Jesus sought understanding in the Temple. He asked deep questions. Proud people do not ask questions. There is nothing you want to do which someone else has not done well. Ecclesiastes 1:12-13 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind!. The secret of Solomon’s riches lay in the fact that he made himself a student. You must understand market dynamics. You need to seek understanding. Understanding is the correct interpretation of how something works. Understanding is the difference between an apprentice and a master. Understanding makes you stand out.
2. Diligence: hard work. Work does not kill. Work makes you healthy. Proverbs 6:6-11 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest—and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man. He that has no savings has no future. Many of us live above our means: this is foolishness. Don’t eat your tomorrow today. Psalm 104: 23 Then people go out to their work, to their labor until evening. Real stuff requires real brain cracking. There is physical, mental and spiritual work. Mental work is superior to physical work. The mind controls actions. Think!! Proverbs 12: 11 He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding. Wealth is not in money, wealth is in the mind. Labour not to be rich, labour to understand. It does not matter how low you go, you can rise again. Pride hinders progress: when you serve you acquire experience and understudy. Don’t let your yesterday destroy your tomorrow. You can rise again. Proverbs 14: 23: All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. James 2: 17 Faith without works is dead. The evidence of your faith is in your stepping out.
3. Wisdom: correct application of knowledge acquired. Ecclesiastes 2:21: For a person may labor with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then they must leave all they own to another who has not toiled for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune Ecclesiastes 2: 26:To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind . Wisdom gives you control. God gave you wisdom so he can rest. God will not come down to think for you. Wealth transfer happens as a result of wisdom. Proverbs 3: 13-18: Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed. Proverbs 4: 7-13: The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom.Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will give you a garland to grace your head and present you with a glorious crown. Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.
4. Wise Investment: Ecclesiastes 11:1-4: Ship your grain across the sea; after many days you may receive a return. Invest in seven ventures, yes, in eight; you do not know what disaster may come upon the land. If clouds are full of water, they pour rain on the earth. Whether a tree falls to the south or to the north, in the place where it falls, there it will lie. Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.
Until you have invested your savings, they savings cannot help you. In saving you need three (3) things: DISCIPLINE, CONTINUITY, SAVE WITH A CLEAR PURPOSE. The purpose will prevent the waste of your savings.
Requirements for Investment: A. God. B. Spiritual Leadership C. Prayer. D. Ideas. E. Relationship. F Connections. Money is not the most important thing you need. Money serves all the above requirements for investment. Money does not grow itself. It grows where it is invested.
Where to Invest: I. Invest in God. II. Invest in Yourself: improve yourself. III. Invest in your family. Your family is not more important than your business. IV. Invest in knowledge. Invest in staff: upgrade their knowledge. V. Invest in a business: expand your capital base. A particular percentage of your profits must go back to the capital base. Everything in life is a risk. Don’t rise alone.
Your future value: whatever I become tomorrow is determined by Present Value multiplied by I (Investment) raised to N (Opportunities).
5. Your Covenant Walk: Genesis 17:1-2. Our covenant standing may determine God’s blessings. Job 1:10: Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.
Things to ensure:
Your LOVE for GOD: 1 Kings 3:3: Solomon showed his love for the Lord by walking according to the instructions given him by his father David. Deuteronomy 6:6:These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Deuteronomy 6:10: When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build.
Your FIRST-FRUIT:Proverbs 3:9-10: Honor the Lord with your wealth,with the first-fruits of all your crops;then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Your Tithe. Gifts. Offering: Malachi 1:6 A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the Lord Almighty. It is you priests who show contempt for my name. But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?
1 Samuel 2:28: I chose your ancestor out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to go up to my altar, to burn incense, and to wear an ephod in my presence. I also gave your ancestor’s family all the food offerings presented by the Israelites. Why do you scorn my sacrifice and offering that I prescribed for my dwelling? Why do you honor your sons more than me by fattening yourselves on the choice parts of every offering made by my people Israel?.
DIVINE DEMANDS only you can hear.
Your Seed is specific to you. If God makes a demand, there is a blessing in it.