INTRODUCTION: Supernatural Increase is simply put an increase beyond the ordinary. It is one only possible by supernatural power. Whereas God created man to be fruitful and multiply (a high level of increase) Genesis 1:26; Supernatural Increase is a quantum leap.
- Peter’s catch – Luke 5:1-7
- Isaac’s harvest – Genesis 26:12-14
- Church Growth in NT Church – Acts 2:41, 47 – addition (3000 souls at once)
- Job latter end – Job 42:12-13.
ABSTRACT: 2 Chronicles 16:9– King Asa of Judah- God’s supernatural power is very much available and God is eager to release it (SHOW HIMSELF MIGHTY). However He FIRST OF ALL proves the man and ensures He can reveal Himself in the circumstances; e.g Stephen. Compare Acts 2:1– “day was fully come” KJV
In the supernatural realm and dimension; the wicked one has no place. Satan is defeated and cannot hinder God (Luke 10:18). However as was in the garden, its plan is to manipulate and disconnect man from that realm. Therefore the greatest or main hindrance to supernatural increase is MAN (you and I)
THE SEED PARABLES Mark 4:1-32.
In Mark 4 Jesus gives three parables concerning the SEED namely: The Parable of the SOWER; The Parable of the Growing seed and The Parable of the Mustard seed.
Interestingly whereas the two- the Sower and Mustard seed are told by both Matthew and Luke, that of the GROWING SEED does not seem to appear elsewhere.
THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER Mark 4:13-20
- The sower sowed the same seed. The seed as a wonder of the Almighty. Ordinary looking but imbued with divine power for fruitfulness and increase.
- The increase produced by the seed depended on the ENVIRONMENT/ SOIL
- WAY SIDE – Not delivered from the wicked one – Carnality
- STONY GROUND – Life difficulties and challenges – Luke 17:1; Psalm 131:2; Jeremiah 12:5
- THORNS – Cares of this world; deceitfulness of riches; lusts of other things – Distractions/ Choke and suffocate. End result is to displace God’s purposes.
God does not release supernatural power anyhow/ always. Matthew 7:6
He always wants to prove the heart of man before He demonstrates His power to and through Him – eg Solomon.
- Vs 20 – On good grounds YET different levels of increase- 30 fold; 60 fold and 100 fold.
- Use Imagery of 3 INDIVIDUALS (which can stand for Churches; Businesses)
Why ????? Faith; Obedience; Relationships (with God and Man); Skills; Capacity.
Vs 22 – A good seed in a conducive environment and grace will surely germinate and experience fruitfulness and supernatural blessings as we seek Him and walk in obedience.
- THE PARABLE OF GROWING SEED/ MUSTARD SEED
A good seed in a conducive environment (all things being equal)
- Vs 28 compare Hebrews 6:7
- Vs 32 – groweth up (timing); Becomes greater; Shooteth out great branches.
CONCLUSION: When we persevere in our efforts, God releases His blessings to reward us supernaturally to achieve what we could not have ordinarily. The story of Ezekiel 29:17-20 illustrates this. Nebuchadnezzar and his army labored to conquer Tyre and they achieved it with so much hard work and nothing to show. Years later God decided to reward them for this. He supernaturally gave them victory over Egypt and guaranteed them a plunder. May the good Lord reward your past labors and faithfulness with supernatural increase in this season in Jesus name.