TEXT: MATTHEW 9:37-38.
INTRODUCTION: Our text clearly specifies three key issues in the life of our Lord Jesus Christ: His Ministry; Motives and Methods of Ministry. However we want to closely examine the key phrase- THE LORD OF THE HARVEST.
THE LORD: Connotes:- Simply put : The Master; The Owner; The final Authority; The One with Absolute Control or Command.
- A close study will reveal that the focus of Jesus has always been the Harvest –
- Luke 19:10: That was His commission from Heaven
- His commission to His Disciples centred on the Harvest- GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:19-20
Please note the scope of this – ALL NATIONS
- He OWNS the Harvest and APPORTIONS it- Jeremiah 5:24 “…He reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of Harvest”. See instances-
Isaac: Genesis 26:12
Matthew 13:8– some 100fold, some 60fold others 30fold???
John 4:37-38– where others have labored!!!!!!!
WHAT DOES THIS IMPLY:
- Seek Him Why??? Ecclesiastes 9:11; Amos 5:8 PRAY!!!
- Be sensitive to His leading
- He led Phillip to Samaria Acts 8:5-8
- He led Phillip also to Ethiopian Eunuch Acts 8:26
- Led Ananias to Saul Acts 9:11-17
- Led Peter to the Gentile Centurion Cornelius Acts 10:22
- Led Paul and His team: Acts 16:6-10
- MAY THE LORD OF THE HARVEST LEAD YOU INTO THE HARVEST HE HAS APPOINTED FOR YOU.
- See the Harvest with His eyes NOT ordinary eyes: John 4:35
- How did Ananias see Saul: Acts 9:13-14
- How did Peter see Cornelius- Acts 10:28
CONCLUSION: Psalm 44:1-3