Notes from Sunday 27 October 2013..
COUNSEL FROM SENIOR PASTOR, AUSTEN UKACHI
SERVE GOD IN YOUR YOUTH, GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU WILL REFLECT WHEN YOU GET OLDER, AND WILL REGRET IT. MATERIAL THINGS ARE NOT THE PURPOSE OF OUR EXISTENCE. ETERNITY IS THE ULTIMATE PURPOSE. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO START SERVING GOD. IT MAY SEEM DAUNTING INITIALLY, BUT GOD WILL STRENGTHEN YOU, AND YOU WILL GROW.
Speaker: Pastor Henry Ebenuwah
“Then all the tribes of Israel came to David at Hebron and spoke, saying, “Indeed we are your bone and your flesh. Also, in time past, when Saul was king over us, you were the one who led Israel out and brought them in; and the Lord said to you, ‘You shall shepherd My people Israel, and be ruler over Israel.’” Therefore all the elders of Israel came to the king at Hebron, and King David made a covenant with them at Hebron before the Lord. And they anointed David king over Israel. David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years. In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty-three years over all Israel and Judah.
And the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land, who spoke to David, saying, “You shall not come in here; but the blind and the lame will repel you,” thinking, “David cannot come in here.” Nevertheless David took the stronghold of Zion (that is, the City of David).
Now David said on that day, “Whoever climbs up by way of the water shaft and defeats the Jebusites (the lame and the blind, who are hated by David’s soul), he shall be chief and captain.” Therefore they say, “The blind and the lame shall not come into the house.”
Then David dwelt in the stronghold, and called it the City of David. And David built all around from the Millo and inward. So David went on and became great, and the Lord God of hosts was with him.”
Today, we will be sharing deep insights from the Life of David on methods to Break New Grounds
- Acquire a reputation for delivering results. I pray that God will grant you the boldness to stand up and be counted. When people discuss you, what is their verdict? Several times in the scriptures, David was identified as a performer.
1 Samuel 16:14-19 says;
But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the Lord troubled him. And Saul’s servants said to him, “Surely, a distressing spirit from God is troubling you. Let our master now command your servants,who are before you, to seek out a man who is a skillful player on the harp. And it shall be that he will play it with his hand when the distressing spirit from God is upon you, and you shall be well.”
So Saul said to his servants, “Provide me now a man who can play well, and bring him to me.”
Then one of the servants answered and said, “Look, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, who is skillful in playing, a mighty man of valor, a man of war, prudent in speech, and a handsome person; and the Lord is with him.”
Therefore Saul sent messengers to Jesse, and said, “Send me your son David, who is with the sheep.”
- You must be known for something. A day comes when you identify your purpose and role in life, and in your community.
- If we must break new grounds, we must have a heart for service (not titles). We must serve God with our time, our efforts, our skill, our networks and resources.
- I pray that you carry the results that will make your generation seek you: when Saul died in battle there were Generals in Israel, including Abner and Amasa. Yet it was David who was sought to assume the Kingship.
- To break new ground you must develop the CV of Uncommon Competence and Unique Skill Sets. Remember you will not be young twice!!
- The marketplace desires the right person. I pray that we shall not miss the right opportunities.
- You must spend time and energy to better yourself and equip yourself for the future you desire.
- Be a Driver of a vision-Make things Happen
- May you be so good that Captains of Industry will Look for you!!!
- Not everybody applies for a Job: may you be so good that people will Move heaven and earth to engage you.
- David was 30 years old when he began to reign over all Israel. You will reign in this Life.
- God will cause you to reign in your industry. However you must prepare to reign. Psalms 90:12 says “So teach us to number our days,That we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
Similarly, Jacob was a performer, as we see in Genesis 30:26-28;
“Give me my wives and my children for whom I have served you, and let me go; for you know my service which I have done for you.”
And Laban said to him, “Please stay, if I have found favor in your eyes, for I have learned by experience that the Lord has blessed me for your sake.” Then he said, “Name me your wages, and I will give it.”
I pray you begin to have such dreams about your future. I have made up my Mind This shall be my REALITY.
I am particular about self-development. God may bring super blessings to you, but your performance will be appraised.
Times and Seasons
- May God give you Extra-ordinary Speed and Supernatural Acceleration on the path of Destiny
- After this conference you will no longer Mark Time
2 Samuel 5:6-10 (The Message Translation);
“David and his men immediately set out for Jerusalem to take on the Jebusites, who lived in that country. But they said, “You might as well go home! Even the blind and the lame could keep you out. You can’t get in here!” They had convinced themselves that David couldn’t break through.
But David went right ahead and captured the fortress of Zion, known ever since as the City of David. That day David said, “To get the best of these Jebusites, one must target the water system, not to mention this so-called lame and blind bunch that David hates.” (In fact, he was so sick and tired of it, people coined the expression, “No lame and blind allowed in the palace.”
“David made the fortress city his home and named it “City of David.” He developed the city from the outside terraces inward. David proceeded with a longer stride, a larger embrace since the God-of-the-Angel-Armies was with him.”
- This shall be Your Story; your discipline or profession is difficult but nevertheless you made it!!!.
- You must have a different Spirit
- To break new ground like David you must develop the right attitude to challenges.
- You must be tough psychologically and prepared for the challenges of life
- Time and time again the odds will be against you, nevertheless we must take the strongholds.
- I see God helping you Achieve things previously experienced in your family.
- I see God taking you farther in Displaying His Blessing on you, greater than on anybody in your Family.
- You shall be a wonder to Many
- The Reasons must be your FUEL
- Champions Live above the realm of Excuses
HOW SHALL THIS THINGS BE?
- God gave David a Strategy
- Jerusalem was a naturally fortified City on a Hill, but God Showed David a way to take it
- May God show you ways to do that which Men say cannot be done
Isaiah 48:17 says;
“Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
The Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
Who teaches you to profit,
Who leads you by the way you should go”
- When God shows You the Way You Appear Smarter
- The Jebusites had successfully defended Mount Zion, and thought it was an impenetrable stronghold
- God gave David a Divine Strategy to break new grounds
- God shall give you Divine Strategy with which you shall break new grounds
- May God use you to demonstrate his power in your generation.
- We need Divine Wisdom to stay ahead of the curve. May God prepare us for the coming seasons!
Ecclesiastes 10:15 says; :The labor of fools wearies them,
For they do not even know how to go to the city!”
Strategy simply means ‘how to unlock’.
You need Supernatural strategy. Job 29:3 puts it beautifully;
“When His lamp shone upon my head,
And when by His light I walked through darkness”.
To Joseph, God gave a 14 year Economic Plan:
Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, “The dreams of Pharaoh are one; God has shown Pharaoh what He is about to do: The seven good cows are seven years, and the seven good heads are seven years; the dreams are one. And the seven thin and ugly cows which came up after them are seven years, and the seven empty heads blighted by the east wind are seven years of famine. This is the thing which I have spoken to Pharaoh. God has shown Pharaoh what He is about to do. Indeed seven years of great plenty will come throughout all the land of Egypt; but after them seven years of famine will arise, and all the plenty will be forgotten in the land of Egypt; and the famine will deplete the land. So the plenty will not be known in the land because of the famine following, for it will be very severe. And the dream was repeated to Pharaoh twice because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.
“Now therefore, let Pharaoh select a discerning and wise man, and set him over the land of Egypt. Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, to collect one-fifth of the produce of the land of Egypt in the seven plentiful years. And let them gather all the food of those good years that are coming, and store up grain under the authority of Pharaoh, and let them keep food in the cities. Then that food shall be as a reserve for the land for the seven years of famine which shall be in the land of Egypt, that the land may not perish during the famine.”
- You can Change the Future of your Industry
Some people have changed the future of their Nations. WHAT ABOUT YOU?
It’s Time to Break New Grounds!!!